Ive spent the last 2 days trying to be as checked out of life as possible and spending as much time as I can with my little man and my mom.
Monday mom went in bright and early for a muga scan. They injected her with (?) and then did a scan of her heart. I dont know the exact specifics of it but she did score lower than the doctor was expecting. She would have been disqualified from the clinic trial if it was still going on but then actually ended it on friday. She needed to score above 50 and was in the 40s. Her O2 was running 93/94ish and she would be more towards 100 so this concerns me a little. She has been more tired lately and more out of breath easily and this is so hard to see happen because it just automatically takes me back 1 1/2 years ago when she was on her death bed. UGH. The doctor decided not to do IV chemo. He is going to try her on a different clinical trial that is going on at the University of MN. Its an 8 week trial of a new drug and if they see improvement then she can stay on the drug. So right now that's all I know.
Nils didn't get the job we were waiting to hear on. He did however get a call at 3pm on Monday asking if he can come in 9am Tuesday to interview. The interview went extremely well and they ended up setting him up to talk with the VP after the initial interview. So this will save him a trip to do a 2nd interview. We are waiting to hear if he will get an offer. It sounds like a great opportunity for him and they offer flexible work hours which is great since the job is about 45mins away. I am really guarded and am trying not to get my hopes up too much at this point. I am being supportive and I hope more than anything that he finds something but I just can't take another disappointment or anymore heartache at this point. I am emotionally drained from everything going on that I just can't go down the road of thinking I may be done at the end of July.
I am taking this week off from even thinking about looking for a new daycare. I will start calling and setting up interviews next week to have a plan in place for when we get back from vacation. We also got a letter in the mail that our doctor is leaving the practice. When I say OUR i mean OUR. All 3 of us see him so I am pretty disappointed about this. Ironically his last day is the same day as our daycare's last day. UGH. Its not a major problem but its disappointing and 1 more thing to have to deal with rigtht now. My plate is full and I am done with the bad news!
Well that's about it. To say I'm feeling pretty low right now would be an understatement. Seriously Id just like to go and hide but life goes on and so I just put on my happy face and think about the happy things I have right now like a great relationship with my husband and our sweet baby boy. I know there are people out there who would love both of those things in their life right now.

Rachel Herman, Nurse Practioner at Kids First Pediatrics in Lakeville (Dodd/Cedar) is awesome. That's my best advice today.
ReplyDelete{{{{HUGS}}}} It's about time for some things to start going right in your world!
ReplyDelete