This time is sort of the same and sort of not. At my annual in July I talked to my OB/GYN about doing a few rounds of clomid only. No monitoring, no iui, and no trigger. Just ovulation tests and clomid. She agreed that there is nothing to lose and that it would be worth a try. She didn't believe that really the other 2 things made that big of a difference since there was nothing wrong with my husband. She told me that you can only take clomid for 12 cycles She called me back that day after my apt and said let's start today. I couldn't believe it. Today? I haven't had my period since April. Don't I need to take meds to start a cycle before I can start anything? She said that new research has shown that people like me who have super long cycles can just start the clomid at anytime and call that "day 5". She put me back on the metformin because that is shown to decrease the risk of miscarriage, told me to take prenatals and call her at the end of the cycle. 2 days before I left for Panama I was having some major pain so I went to the clinic after hours for an ultrasound. Turns out as usual for me I got an ovarian cyst. Ugh. Its still been giving me pain and I am SO looking forward to the day it is gone! Well the day after I got back from Panama I decided to take the test and sure enough it turned positive right away. No waiting around and no holding it up to the light to see if there's a 2nd line. It was there and just as dark as the other. I could hardly believe it! I started bawling and called my husband at work. I was sobbing so hard he couldn't understand what I was telling him. After about the 4th time he got it. Looking back now I wish I would have done something cute to tell him but I can't keep something like that in for 5 mins to myself. Its been hard to even keep it for almost 2 weeks.
I know it's early to tell people but this cycle is so much different. I had 2 rounds of blood work and both were great, I'm feeling pregnancy symptoms which I didn't before, and just overall really feel like this is going to be ok.
Well that's the whole story. 6 1/2 years after starting the process to start a family I'm here! Yay! :)


I'm SO SO excited for you April!! :) Congrats again on the little bean and I will be praying that everything goes smoothly!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulation!!!!!! So excited for you and your growing family.
ReplyDeleteYay....for the double lines on the test!!!
This is SOOOOO friggen fantastic =) Congratulations!!!
ReplyDelete