Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

6.30.2011

1 sweet friend down, 2 more to go!!

Just a small warning: This may be kind of all over the place but Im trying so hard to post something POSITIVE on here!

I have 3 friends right now that have been super heavy on my heart. These are girls who long to be moms so much and are still in the waiting period (2 in the adoption process and 1 trying to conceive). Well tonight I found out that 1 of them has been officially picked by a birth mom and her sweet baby is due in the fall. I am SO beyond excited for her and can now officially pray for her, that sweet baby, and of course that birthmom as she goes through the next few months and years! Please keep her in your prayers! The next few months are a whirlwind of emotions all leading up to that day when the phone rings saying that baby is on the way.
I would never wish not being able to be a mom and having that desire to on anyone. It is the worst feeling. Its a feeling of complete despair and a feeling that your body has failed as a women. Thankfully for some women they go on to conceive. For others they chose to become a mom through adoption. And then there are a few girls I know that are at a crossroads of being forced into a place where they may continue on life without becoming a mom. Whatever road each of us are on its a road that none of us really chose.
Tonight despite feeling completely down about everything going on in my own life and feeling like everything is falling around me there are 2 things I am especially thankful for and reminded of as I hear this good news from my friend and that is Stewart and His birth mom. What an amazing gift she gave to me! Seeing his sweet smile just makes the world brighter!

2 comments:

  1. Such great news for your friend! So excited for her and her family =)

    Sorry you are so down {{{HUGS}}} At least baby smiles are enough to melt away most any worry =)

    ReplyDelete