Here are some things that have been going on lately:
- As you can see from my last post our house is coming along quickly! We broke ground on Feb 20th and the last 2 months have flown by. We are so ready to get in and get settled but also feel overwhelmed with all that needs to be done. We were able to cross one item off the list today and buy our washer and dryer. We scheduled it to be delivered the 3 days after we close. As of right now we close May 18th.
- Little man is not so little anymore. He's turning into a full on 2 year old and he's been a crazy man. He's throwing tantrums and testing his limits but he also LOVES to give hugs and kisses. We started him in his big boy bed a week ago and that has been both good and bad. We've never had a bed time routine with him. We always just changed him and put him in bed awake. I decided it was time to start one! The day we put his big boy together we started a new routine. We change him into his PJs. We read him 1 Bible story from his toddler Bible. Then we say a prayer with him which he just loves. He makes sure we both fold our hands. Its really sweet and I am loving our new routine. Then we tuck him in and both kiss him good night and tell him we Love him. It has turned into my one of my favorite times of the day!
- Its been almost 5 months since my mom passed away and Id like to say Im doing well with it but I'm really not. Im not exactly sure when or If ever I will really come to terms with it. Its been harder than I could have ever imagined. I miss so much of the time we spent together. Even today I sat and cried because every year (even once I was an adult) we would go and buy Easter outfits together. It was such a fun day! I know tomorrow will be another tough day but I have to keep remembering that she is no longer suffering and no long in pain!

Well, we sure had fun with you guys today! Thanks for making Easter quite memorable this year!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter! Your house is looking awesome. Sounds like you have a great night time routine going. We haven't even considered the big kid bed - nice going. Big {{{HUGS}}} I know you miss your mama =(
ReplyDelete