Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

1.20.2011

Love a good deal!

Two things about me: I am a Major Planner (yes my nursery/most baby gear was bough before the baby even came and yes I have already started planning Stewart's 1st bday) and I am a bargain shopper! I LOVE to shop. There is no secret about that but when I became a mom it has never been clearer to me that we need to save money and my shopping habits have changed a ton. Now it pretty much revolves around what I can find for Stewart (clothes for the next season on sale, etc) or groceries. Here are a few of my latest finds:

  • Amazon mom. This is amazing! It is free to sign up and gives you amazon prime for free as long as you spend $25 a month in the baby store. They give you 3 months free to start with. Well along with that they give an additional discount on subscribe and save. So I can get a box of $40 in diapers for $27 through amazon. Its shipped to my door 2 day air for free and I pay no tax. Since I will go through a box a month (at least) it also adds another month of free prime onto my amazon account.
  • Google something before you buy! That has become my new moto when buying online. There are sites out there that list any current coupon codes to use. I just used one on Walgreens photo today. The code was Frosty50 and it expires 1/22. It took 50% off my total order and worked with in store pick up.
  • CVS. Yes the local pharmacy. They have amazing deals sometimes on food and other misc items and with your CVS card you get money back each season. I was in there recently and had a $5 off $20 purchase and had a coupon for free 8x10 photo (coupon was up to 6.99 or 8.99 can't remember). Well I wandered the store and found what I was looking for and when it rang up the total was $11. I got body wash, tape, photos, pacifiers, and a couple of other misc items. The total was $32 b4 using the coupons and my CVS card. Its not a credit card just a rewards/discount card.
  • diapers.com. Their prices are ok and if you get free shipping its great but 1 perk I didnt realize is that by registering with them occasionally they send me a coupon code for a free photo book at shutterfly. Love their books and free, well sorta free is great (just pay shipping).
  • Target. Ok I love target. But I love it even more in Jan and I think its July. They have baby clearance and store wide clearance during these times and you can get some awesome deals! It is going on right now so if there is anything you may be needing now is the time. We bought 1 of Stewart's carseats last year b4 we even knew about him because it was 50%. These are just a few of the things. Im sure I am forgetting some but will let you know when I find others!
I also LOVE shopping for gifts and clothes at Tjmaxx (Burnsville or Eagan), Marshalls (Lakeville), etc. I know it drives some people crazy but really they are so much nicer here than there were in FL. They are usually pretty neat and organized and the clothes are in size order. I just LOVE to find stuff on sale at these places too. Most of my birthdays, baby gifts, and Christmas presents come from one of those 2 stores and usually by about March I have already started shopping for Christmas.

Well just thought I would share that with you all! :) Hope you find some good deals too!

No comments:

Post a Comment