This blog has been pretty slow lately because something major just happened in my life. My mother died. I lost my hero, my biggest cheerleader, my biggest supporter, and the best mother anyone could ever have on November 18th at 5:44pm. It was 4 days shy of her 61st birthday. She was more than just my mom. She was an amazing women who was very soft spoken but would do anything for you. I lost the women who made all my dreams come true when all else failed around me.
Did she die from the cancer? Well sort of. In August my mother started a new round of chemo. She had chemo 1 day then was off 3 weeks and did another dose. Thats it. After that all hell broke loose. She began to get short of breath and little by little that drug killed her. It caused fluid to back up in/on her lungs and when they got that cleared up after the 1st of her 3 hospital stays since September it slowly began to grow scar tissue on her lungs. Her scan in August was completely clear of the scar tissue (pulmonary fibrosis). Her scan during her 2nd hospital stay in October showed some scaring but nothing that they were concerned of. By November it had completely covered her right lung and began to grow on the left. Her final days were on 30 liters on oxygen which they had to bring in a special machine to do. Her last couple of days were hell on earth for both her and my family. There is no better way to explain it. She didn't know who we were and she was basically suffocating. It was horrible to watch and my grandparents, brother, his fiancee, my cousin, and I were all by her bedside as she took her last breath.
To say I am a wreck would be an understatement. I have no idea how to live life without my mom. I have no idea how to go on. I am completely numb and I have no idea when I will actually get that she is gone. I wish I had this magic button that would make everything better. I wish she were still here more than anything else. We had plans. She would move in with us someday and she would spend her retirement years with me and Stewart having fun all over town. Unfortunately that won't happen now.
I guess that's all I can say at this point.
This sucks!


I am so very sorry April! I don't think there is any way you get over this kind of loss...you just put one foot in front to the other and eventually things get to a new normal. She would want you to enjoy your days with Stewart and your DH. Big, hug, giant {{{HUGS}}}
ReplyDeleteConstantly praying for you to find some peace. I'm so very sorry.
ReplyDelete