I have passed 1 mile stone by making it to 6 weeks. Our 2nd loss was 4 weeks 3 days. We only knew we were pregnant for less than a week that time. We had a blood test done and it was super low but at the time didn't really think twice about it. We were going to go back in on monday for our 2nd draw and by that time it was over. Thankfully I am way past that point and had really good blood draws this time around!
I want to take in every moment that I can of this pregnancy because I know that this will be my one and only so I'm going to do the surveys of how i'm feeling, etc just so that I can keep a record of this. I was going to go out and buy a pregnancy journal but decided a weekly post on here would do the same thing. I may lose some readers and Im so sorry for that but I promise this blog won't be just about the pregnancy.
I'll start posting pics in a few weeks but for now here's the about me:
This week, Baby is the size of a: Lentil beanHow far along? 6 weeks
Due date: 04-15-13
Total weight gain/loss: -6lbs since I found out.
Maternity clothes? Confession: My grandma bought me a new outfit as soon as she found out. I *may* have worn them to test them out. Seriously if I could get away with wearing them pregnant or not I would. Oh my goodness are they comfy!
Sleep: I have been having a lot of trouble sleeping because I am in a lot of pain when I lay down (I have an ovarian cyst that must just be hitting something when I lay down because it is super painful and coming from that area). I ended up buying one of those pregnancy pillows and have been sleeping like a dream since.
Best moment this week: I am making the crib bedding and so far have finished the quilt and bumper. I bought the fabric months ago in hopes that we would have another baby somehow and as soon as we found out got the motivation to start it! :) I love the way its turning out. Its chartreuse chevron and black and white polka dots. I'll add in some aqua or raspberry colors once we find out what baby is. If you have been following me long enough you know I'm a crazy planner so I'm pretty sure this kid's room will be put together and ready soon after we find out if its a him or her.
Food cravings: BEEF! :) It's what's for dinner! Seriously I am a chicken girl. Love chicken and order it anytime we go out but the last 2 weeks all I have wanted was beef (ok really I just want steak but settle for any beef)
Movement: Way too early for baby movement....
Symptoms: I've thrown up just once but get queasy pretty easily. Im beyond exhaust which I never really thought it would be this much but man I could probably sleep all day. Other than that just cramping which I thankfully know is just the cyst.
Labor Signs: Hopefully none of that till April.
Stretch Marks: Well being a bigger girl and having lost a ton of weight, gained back, lost again its pretty much already there so Im not sure it will make a difference?
Swelling? Nope
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Diet Coke. I have given up caffeine at least the first trimester.
Feeling toward Pregnancy: Feeling so blessed and lucky to get to experience this and hoping for the best for this sweet baby!
What I am looking forward to: Meeting this sweet baby and seeing how their big brother will just LOVE them! :)
Milestones: I am past my 1st loss!
News: Our 1st apt and u/s are a week from tomorrow! I can't wait!

Love, love, love reading these updates from you!
ReplyDeleteBeef is what I craved too. I use to have dreams that K would have sesame seed hair from all the hamburgers I ate *LOL* Keeping Altoids and oyster crackers near me at all times from 6-11 weeks was a life saver for the quesies. Cramping is super common for the 1T even without a cyst...that uterus stretching and all.
Yay for making it past 6 weeks! :) Love the update and cant wait to see pics of you and the nursery when it's ready!
ReplyDelete