Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

9.11.2012

Note to self

Don't use Dr Google to self diagnose anything. :) Always ask others who have gone through things that you or your kid are going through before consulting Dr G.

Last Friday I sent myself into a downward spiral after researching what was going on with me. It turned into calls into my doc and sobbing on the phone to the nurse explaining why my world was falling apart.

Today however, I used Dr G and found reassurance. I've been having stabbing pain when I make a sudden movement, toss and turn at night, getting out of bed for the 2nd and 3rd time at night to go to the bathroom, and especially when I sneeze. Evertime it happens I get scared out of my mind and thing something horrible is going on. But after the 20th time of this happening I began to realize maybe this is normal. Turns out its round ligament pain. Here's what brought me comfort:

Symptoms of Round Ligament Pain
Round ligament pain can be concerning and uncomfortable. But it is considered normal as your body changes during pregnancy.
The symptoms of round ligament pain include a sharp, sudden spasm in the belly. It usually affects the right side, but it may happen on both sides. The pain only lasts a few seconds.
Exercise may cause the pain, as will rapid movements such as:
  • sneezing
  • coughing
  • laughing
  • rolling over in bed
  • standing up too quickly
So just another lesson learned. Just have to keep thinking positive thoughts and saying: Baby is ok....Baby is ok....Deep breath!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Dr Google was finally nice to you =) Sorry about the pain though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny! "Never....this time" so you didn't learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you that you will continue to get those pains as everything keeps growing and stretching. I didn't get them until after I had read about them so they didn't scare me as much. Until they started to change. Sometimes they will stab you and take your breath away and other times they are just a dull ache kind of pain. As long as there's no spotting or actual cramping, you should be fine. At one point I had such bad pain that I couldn't stand up straight after being on the floor with the cats. I could stand up but I could not straighten my torso for at least a full minute. It was freaky for sure.

    ReplyDelete