My mom's cancer is spreading again. I feel like this is a running script. Seriously how many more times will I write this in the coming year? I hate cancer! I have that she feels miserable while she is on chemo. I hate that she has grown out her hair, gets it highlight, and finally loves her style again. I hate that she will miss work and lose money because of this. I hate that she has no spouse who can be there for her and take care of her. I hate that she has very few friends up here because we have moved around so much in the last 8 years. I hate everything about the next few months because it means she will get sicker and feel like crap all the time.
I am so thankful that she has had the last 19 months to enjoy life again. I am thankful that she made it through the last go around and that she is able to finally be a grandma! Most of all right now I am thankful that I will be a stay at home mom and that I will be able to help take care of her and take her to chemo. I will no longer be faced with the guilt of working and not being able to help my grandparents take care of her. My last official day of work is tomorrow and her first round of chemo is Monday. Coincidence? I don't think so!

Good job remembering your blessings. It's hard. You're doing a great job!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry your Mom has to go through chemo again {{{HUGS}}} It's wonderful that you will be there to help her through it...
ReplyDelete