Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

10.09.2011

Oh yeah I have a blog....

Im a good reader of blogs but not so much a good blogger. I have good reason for this. Over the last 3 weeks my mom has been in the hospital twice. She was readmitted on Friday night after being home a week. Her first stay was 10 days. It looks like this stay could be close to that as well. I took her to the hospital both times because she was having trouble breathing. The first time her resting heart rate was 129 and her blood pressure was elevated. This most recent time she was sent home on oxygen and the machine she has can "only" go to 5 liters and her body was not able to take that little. I got to her house this past friday night and her oxygen levels were in the 60s. I knew right then and there that we were heading back to the hospital. She was of course admitted right away. She is 15 liters of oxygen right now and that is what she was one while she was in last time as well. It will take some time to wean her back down off of it and it will also take sometime for them to try and fix what is going on. What exactly is going on is that she is having an allergic reaction to the chemo drug she is on. Basically it is backing up fluid on her lungs and causing her to not be able to breath on her own. Even getting to the bedside commode is a major task and she gets winded. I spent 1/2 of the last stay with her and her friend stayed the other half. Thanks to family and friends Nils and Stewart were talking good care of. This time Ive stayed 2 nights and am home tonight. I will probably be going back tomorrow night. My uncle is with her tonight. I am overwhelmed with all that is going on. She faced this same issue almost 2 years ago. At the time we were in the home study process for our adoption and actually did our first home study in her hospital room in case she didn't make it she was at least part of our process. It was easier to stay with her then when I wasn't a mother and could just focus on her. This time I struggle so much with guilt because I am a mom and need to be there for my son but I also need to be there for my mom. Please keep her in your prayers. She needs to get through this big hurdle and she needs to learn how to take it easy for a while even when she goes home. She doesn't like to sit still and just rest at home.
Id like to say I will try better at keeping this blog up to date but really life is so crazy right now that I can only hope to sit down like this again soon!
On a happy note I'll leave you with some pictures of my adorable son. Seriously he melts my heart! I am so thankful for facetime because we were able to video chat a few times and I was able to teach him how to blow a kiss over the computer!
These were taken on our most recent trip to the zoo with his 2 best buddies.
Leaves

See Mama!!


I really want to climb!

YAY slide!

Bigger slide

Very important conversation!

Come closer so mama doesn't hear our plan to escape!

1 comment: