Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

2.02.2011

Open adoption...

When we started the adoption process we had decided that we would have a private (closed) or semi private adoption. I really have no idea why I felt this way but I just wanted it that way. As we went through the home study process and dug more into what each type of adoption meant we decided that we would be open to whatever came our way. This is probably one of the best decisions we have made through the whole process. We would have missed out on so many amazing opportunities with Stewart's birth mom and her sweet family. We just LOVE them to pieces and absolutely love spending time with them. We have had a lot of people ask us about this and it is something that I can't even begin to explain other than they are our family! They are every bit as much family now to us as the family we were born into. There is never a dull moment when we are with them and we have really had a lot of fun getting to know them better. We now text on a regular basis and see them every 1-2 months. We send pictures and updates to both Stewart's birth parents. We have yet to hear back from his birth father and have not seen him since the week after Stewart was born.

We are so thankful that we were chosen to not only chosen to be Stewart's parents but that we were also chosen to be a part of an amazing family! After every visit with them Nils and I both look at each other and talk about how lucky we are and what an amazing day we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment