2.27.2012
Finding my way...
Some days are better than most but today was one of those where I had a moment that brought me back to earth. It wasn't a huge earth shattering moment but it was one that I need to remind myself daily of. I was sitting watching TV and I knew that nap time would be over soon so it was a matter of time before the little chattering started. As soon as it did I got up and headed up stairs. I stopped for a moment and took that walk upstairs in for a minute. I was going up stairs to get my little man up from his nap. I am so thankful that through all of this grief that I have this HUGE blessing that my mom helped bring into our life. If it weren't for her helping us get the money together so quickly and all the other steps to fall into place then I would not be a mother. She watched, waited, cried, and listened along our very long path to become parents. She sacrificed so much for me in 28 years and that was one that I will forever cherish. There are still several of my sweet friends that are still waiting for that chance and I am so thankful that it was my "turn" before my mommy left this earth. Everything has perfect timing even if we don't always believe or trust that (another thing I have to keep reminding myself of as I wish and dream that someday my little guy will be a big brother). The big picture will always unfold to us and when it does we wouldn't take back any of those moments because it lead us to right now. It led me to this point of getting the chance to be a stay at home mommy and allow me even the little moments with my little man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Happy you had a moment of clarity today =) We are so lucky to have the opportunity to be mothers. Your Mom is watching and she is proud!
ReplyDeleteThose moments where it all hits you can be so powerful. I'm so glad your mom was able to help you become a mom...that's a very special gift, indeed.
ReplyDelete