Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

2.12.2012

Update on me....

Well almost a month has gone by and I realized I need to get back on this horse and blog more! Its such a great way to keep track of things that happen in life and it really is good to get some things down on here.
I just got back from 5 days in New York with one of my close friends. We had a blast! We ate, walked forever, shopped, and had a few adult drinks. We woke up each day with no plan and it was so nice to have a break away. It gave me a chance to clear my head and try to pick myself up again.
These last 3 months have been hell. I wish I had a better way to describe it but it really has. There is not a day at goes by that I don't miss my mom and don't think about her. There is not many days that have gone by that I haven't shed a tear over her. She was really the 1 person that was always there.
I feel like whenever you are down there are so many other things you think about in your life that aren't the way you'd like and just keep falling farther and farther down. I am trying so hard to stay away from those thoughts but it's just so hard. I wish she was still here! My thoughts really need to change to I am so glad I had the time that I did with her and cherish those memories. I wish that I could just get pregnant like a normal person and have a sibling for Stewart without wondering if and when that will ever happen. My thoughts should be that I am SO thankful for him (which I am) and if he's all I ever have I am pretty freaking lucky! It's so hard to not wonder and wish I knew what the future was.
Some good news to share is that we are building a new house! We own a 2 bedroom town home right now but we are so ready for more space and really feel like now is the time. We have found a great open floor plan and we will have a full unfinished basement to expand later. It will have 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths, and a laundry room on the 2nd level. We should be breaking ground by the end of the month and the house will be done in late May. I will try to keep posts and pictures up with the process but right now its just open land. Here is what the exterior will look like.

Stewart is doing so great and he is just SO smart. I know every parent says that so I'm sticking with it. He has a big list of words that he says and even points them out when we see them or in a book. He loves cars, puppies, yo gabba gabba, and saying YEAH really enthusiastically. Its too funny. Here's some recent pictures of my sweet little man.




I am just now feeling like a stay at home mom. I know that I have been one since August but so much time was spent taking care of my mom that it just wasn't the same. Now I have weekly play dates, go to mom's group weekly, and don't get out of my pjs some days.
Well that's about all that's going on with us. Just trying to take 1 day at a time and enjoy the little moments that I have with my little man.

1 comment:

  1. Stewart is looking like such a little boy these days! Love his sweater =) Happy you had a good time in NYC, love that city. Congratulations on the house...can't wait to see pictures as it comes along.

    ReplyDelete