Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

2.16.2012

Its the little things...

Its the little things that I miss so much about my mom.
  • Going to Joann fabrics. I've only been able to go there once since she passed away and it was somewhere we went almost weekly.
  • Doing crafts in her sewing room. We have spent many hours in there making all sorts of projects. I recently started going through it and it makes me so sad that there are so many unfinished projects. Its my goal to at least finish some of them and will have the chance to once our house is built. I will have a little sewing area there.
  • Talking to her every day. She called everyday. It would be at about the same time every day. She was either going to work (if she worked evenings) or coming home from work (if she worked days). It was always between 2:30 and 3:30. Thankfully I have a few saved voicemails from her that I can finally bring myself to hear. I never really noticed it but almost everyone starts with Hi Honey, this is mom.
  • Seeing Stewart's face light up every time he would see her. He loved his grandma so much! She would usually ride in the backseat with him when we'd go places and she always called him her backseat partner. I try to show him her pic as much as I can and he always points to her and says "gramma".
  • Cooking with her. This is one of those things I will never forget. I am so thankful I had the chance to cook with her. She had so many great recipes that didn't come from a cook book and thankfully because I cooked with her I am able to make some of them too. 
  • Shopping. She was always up for shopping and we were at TJmaxx, marshalls, and target almost weekly. Even if we didn't buy anything we just loved to wander around there. We always had our Christmas shopping done by September or most of it anyways.
These are just some of the things I miss but I write this to say enjoy every moment you have with your parents! I know not everyone has the relationship that I did with my mom but if you do cherish those moments. I had no idea that those moments would be taken away from me when my mom was only 60. You never know what tomorrow holds so cherish today!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you have so many wonderful memories of her. She's irreplaceable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you miss her so {{{HUGS}}} Remembering all the good times and doing those things in her honor will keep her close, always and forever =)

    ReplyDelete