Over the last few months my heart has began its dark journey back through the heartache of infertility. I have had so many people asking us when we will have another child. I know this is totally normal. We have an almost 2 year old. This is the normal time for people to think about another child. But for most normal people all it needs to be is a thought and then poof they can get pregnant and begin down the road of having another. For someone like me it takes months and months of trying to figure out what's next. It takes thousands of dollars no matter which door I walk through. I wasn't one of those who adopted and just got pregnant like so many people had told me would happen. I wish that had been the case but at the same time I wouldn't have wished away these months with my little man. I love him so much and am so thankful that he made me a mommy but I wish so much to give him a sibling. I don't feel like our family is complete. I still dream of a day when I could get pregnant and stay pregnant. Im not sure how to let that feeling go.
So I guess I need to develop thicker skin when I get asked about #2 and just smile and say who knows but hopefully someday.

I'm sorry {{{HUGS}}} People have no idea how hurtful that question can be!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya!
ReplyDeleteI def talk myself into thinking about all of the "one on one" attention I'm able to give Leo right now- at an age when he really craves it too. If there was a little one at home, I wouldn't be able to love on them both as much as I would like to... although at the end of the day I still think the same way you do- we need to think of really creative way to answer that #2 question~