Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

10.23.2012

Saying Goodbye

My grandfather was laid to rest today. It has been a long 2 weeks. My husband and I went on an anniversary trip to Seattle and the 2nd day there got a call that my grandpa had a mini stroke. Then he was fine. Then the next day he had a massive stroke and was unresponsive. He passed away almost a week after the 2nd stroke. To say I feel like I'm living in a nightmare is an understatement. He has been my father most of my life. He was the one person I thought would always be around even though he was 88. He was the man we named our little man after. He was "papa" to our little man and I have no clue how I begin to tell him papa is gone. Please keep my sweet grandma in your prayers. They were married 64 years and there are very few days that they were apart during those years. He paid for everything and she has never even driven a car. Her life will be turned upside down once the dust settles and I just pray she stays healthy for a while. I can't lose another person! I can't face another Christmas, Thanksgiving, or Birthday (which just passed...He died 2 days b4 it and it was my first without my mom) without anyone else right now. It makes me so sad to think of the holidays ahead. My family was always one who made a big deal and spent a lot of time together around the holidays. This year it will be very small and probably pretty mellow. I am trying to focus on my sweet little family and making new traditions but its hard when I am use to something so different.
Well anyways I'm beginning to ramble. Here's a sweet pic of my little man and his sweet papa and also grandpa's grave side service. He served in WW2 so he was giving a service with military honors.


No comments:

Post a Comment