Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

2.03.2011

1st and 2nd falls...

The last two days have not been good ones in our house. Nils's day was yesterday and mine today. Yesterday morning Stewart took a tumble off the recliner. Thankfully its not that far of a fall and he is just fine. He cried as soon as Nils ran over to see if he was ok. I wasn't too freaked out and just told him it happens.

Well then today struck (literally). I got Stewart up and got him all changed. I literally turned my back for less than 1 min to walk over to the closet and get his bib and then as soon as I turned around I witnessed the whole thing. He fell off the changing table. It was the worst sight! I heard the huge thud and went running over and began to bawl. I felt horrible. He cried a little but then was just fine. I know that all babies take tumbles and this is probably just the beginning but it was a hard lesson to learn so early in the morning. I took him into our room and just held him. I then handed him over to Nils because I had to get to work. I called Nils on my way to work and bawled almost of the whole way here. I wanted to stay home and just snuggle with my sweet baby all day. Nils told me just to stay home if I wanted but I just didn't know what to do. I almost turned around twice and then by the time I got here I wished I was at home. I decided to take a half day so I'm heading home in an hour. I just keep replaying the whole thing in my head and it makes me sick to my stomach. I know he is just fine but UGH! He will be strapped in from now on when on the changing table and if I even need to walk a few steps away he will be placed on the floor.

Worst morning ever! :(

2 comments:

  1. Awe, April, I'm so sorry! What a rotten day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I already said something on FB but I thought I'd write here too...so sorry you had such a horrible morning. Hope you're weekend with the little man has gone well. I'm sure he's forgotten all about it!

    ReplyDelete